Sunday, April 19, 2009

On the Wings of Angels





Our sweet angel, Kourtney, passed away at home this afternoon (Saturday), cradled in the arms of her loving mother. She returned to the loving embrace of her Heavenly Father, from whence she came.

We love her, miss her terribly, mourn her passing, and grieve at the loss of her amazing presence with us. The good news is that we know God's plan for us, and the promise of eternal life together as a family gives us the faith, hope and comfort to carry on.

Kourtney and I didn't get to spend much time together, but in those precious few times it was obvious to me that she is an elect and very special daughter of our Heavenly Father. The combination of her strong spirit so full of goodness, her steadfast determination to successfully complete her earthly mission, and the love that is her very essence left no doubt.

During the eight short months she was with us Kourtney taught us lessons about life and love, inspired us to be better, and motivated us to do those things that will allow us to live together as a family in the eternities.

We are now temporarily separated, but we will keep her in our minds and hearts. I believe she will be keeping a special watch over Dan, Kazia, Kadrey and Jaxon until they can be together again.

The older I get it becomes ever more evident to me how little I really understand. Oh, to be twenty again and know everything! This realization makes me so grateful for the power of faith and the promise of hope. Today has been one of the hardest, and also one of the best days of my life. I feel my Savior's love...

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers, have been, and are still with your family. Dr. Ellis and Family

    ReplyDelete