Sunday, March 1, 2009

Most Excellent Days!

When I came out of a month-long coma last September, my driving thoughts were of my family. I felt an overwhelming desire to be more involved in their lives, and to be able to participate with them. These are the things that have motivated me to keep working to get better.

When I came home from the hospital in December I was able to see and hold my three new grandchildren who had been born while I was hospitalized. A most excellent day!

In January I was able to attend the high school play where my son, Bryan, played in the pit orchestra. It was the first time I have been able to watch him perform in any of his many activities. A most excellent day!

Friday I watched my two oldest grandchildren (by myself) while Kazia and Dan took Kourtney to Primary Children's for her echocardiogram. I made peanut butter sandwiches for Kadrey & Jaxon and we sat at the kitchen counter eating, talking and laughing together. Even though it was a tough day with news that Kourtney has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, lunch with the kids was a most excellent moment!

Today we went to church at Geoff and Heidi's ward, and I was able, for the very first time, to be in the circle while one of my grandchildren was blessed as Geoff blessed Houston. A most excellent day!

These are the experiences I cherish, that I fought to live for, that I work every day to have more of.

I write this more for myself, so that on those days that my knees hurt too much to even bend them, let alone walk, my body is screaming at me in protest, or my mind is in the wrong place - I will remember why it is worth it to suck it up and just do it. I think that all of us need to build into our daily routines some time to reflect on the things that make it all worthwhile. I'm sure that most of you already do that, but it hasn't been something I have done on a regular basis. It helps me.

I have been overwhelmed today by feelings of gratitude for so many blessings given to me by my loving Heavenly Father... A most excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment